Monday, January 10, 2022

My nutitional journey

Nutrition is key, thats what im always told. Thats what I believe but why cant I make it a consistent priority? 

For years, I hid food and ate in secret, I never wanted anyone to judge me for how much I was eating. Never wanted anyone to know. Ive now broken that habit but maybe not broken the food problem. 

I could eat my weight in pasta, crave carbs & salt like a crazy person, I want to break those cravings. 

I want to learn how to make my body, my nutrition a priority. 

Right now im great at eating during lunch time, I pack a lunch and eat whats there, usually meat, veggie, & cheese. I dont need carbs when im working. 

The carb cravings hit when I get home and im busy taking care of the baby or when he is in bed. My hubs is working so ai have no reason to cook. Is it boredom or is it something about when the sun goes down?

Tonight I made good choices, wings & water, then a low carb protein rich drink as a dessert. Usually I eat the equivalent to multiple meals bc im ravenous and havent planned it out. Why not eat cheese & crackers if its there and easy? Why not order a pizza if you get off work at 630? 

I know the nutrition equation: lots of veggies, lean/quality protein, minimal carbs (if you have carbs avoid the white ones). I know how to cook. Where is the disconnect? 

How do you guys do it? Do you cook after work? Do you have food ready to pop in the microwave? Do you keep yourself busy at night? Do you go to bed at 8 pm to not eat late? 

No comments:

Post a Comment