Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Goals

So I wrote my visualization earlier, but now I am going to write my goals, they are more concrete and go in sessions/increments.  I have to write these out because they just flit through my mind and I forget them sometimes:

Short Term:
-be comfortable in that dress I have to wear on Sept 7th for the wedding (its a size 18 and is a little snug on the hips): it fits but I would like some room
-not be the last person at OBC.  I will continue to push harder and be faster
-get in the smaller 18 pants (yes they are retarded and not all the same size; other women will understand this): I have never worn some of these because I thought at one time that I would lose weight but now I will be in them
-strengthen my core and learn how to get my butt down during those planks.  I have no idea when my butt is sticking in the air.  It is just like an alien part of my body because I have no idea how far it goes out or when i've got my body in a line
-I will continue this paleo thing and not cheat

Mid Term:
-I want to be in a size 16 by the time Christmas rolls around.  I want to be able to ask for smaller sized clothes for Christmas or go shopping with mom for Christmas and get some smaller stuff.
-I want to make it through the holidays and only cheat a little on this paleo thing.  I think that I could do pretty well and just stuff myself on the meats.
-I will run a 5K with my little sister!  We will be able to stay together (or at least I will keep her in my sights)

Long Term:
-I want to be in a size 12.  Audrey thinks that I will get smaller than that, but I don't know if my hips will shrink past that but hey right now 12 is a great goal.  If I get smaller I will get smaller I won't complain.  So by February I want to be in a 14 and by May/June I will be in a 12
-I will be able to complete a 5K and 10K.  I don't know if I want to do a half marathon but we will see
-I will be saving money for my own house as soon as I'm done paying off my car.

There are many more, but I can't think of them!  Feedback helps me blog more so please do!

1 comment:

  1. Megan this is awesome! When I started back at OBC this month (after a two year absence), I didn't care so much about the specific goals as much as just being healthy again. And its true what they say, you tend to act like the people you hang around. OBC ppl are a motivation for me. Reading this is a motivation for me. Thanks!

    So how is Paleo going? I hadn't heard much about it so I got the book and am reading it. I'm cutting my processed carbs even more but haven't gone full throttle with it yet. I'd like to hear more about it from others I know.

    Oh and I'd love to be small enough for us ALL to go on a Christmas clothes shopping trip for single digit sizes (or much smaller sizes anyway)!

    ReplyDelete