Friday, March 30, 2012

Generosity and Encouragement

As I write this blog I am tearing up and it is really hard to see. If you are close to me, you know that I have been struggling financially lately. I started a new job and it didn't turn out to be as lucrative as I thought it would be. I'm staying with the job because it does allow me to do things like bootcamp and theater and it is so much less stress than what I was doing.

Well today, David announced at the end of the pt test and during our monthly circle/share time that someone left a note in his mailbox with the money to pay for my bootcamp next month because I'm such an inspiration. I have no clue who would do that for me, but I automatically want to find out and hug them, bake them a cake, and who knows what else.

I had no idea that when I started bootcamp that it would affect anyone but me. I had no idea that anyone would care one way or another. When I first started I was getting offended by the "i'm so proud of you" statement because I thought it was people being condescending, but I have now realized that people really care how I'm doing and are genuinely proud that I'm doing well.

Anyways, Generosity is a crazy thing because I don't know if I would give up my money for someone else to benefit and I am so thankful for that because I don't know how much longer I can do bootcamp but I know that I will be able to do April and probably May since I already have half off because of all my faithful friends.

Also, Encouragement....I have no real words for what all of the instructors and other bootcampers have done to my mental/emotional health each time I get a sweet/encouraging word sent my way. Everyday I have a new or different instructor running with me, and a lot of times I want to quit and if I didn't have someone running beside me I probably would. Different instructors approach me different ways and each help me. Dori likes to push me and will get sassy right back when I start talking back. Audrey is sweet and continues to give me goals to reach. Josh and Leo tell me I can do it and continue to make me push myself harder. Scott doesn't take no or can't as an answer and makes me want to puke when I partner with him (which is a good thing because that means I'm kicking my own ass). Ben tells me silly things that make me laugh and make me forget about the fact that I'm working out. John tells me to breath which I completely forget how to do when running and Ernie gives me helpful tips like stomach breathing (breathing like a singer) which made me think of breathing in a whole new way. I know that there are a million other instructors that have helped me out and each one gives me that little push that helps me get through the work out! Today I felt bad because I couldn't tell each of them how much it helps me but it does!!

Btw....I'm in a large Tshirt (was XXL) and an XL work out pants (was XXL)!!! Also I wore out a pair of shoes this month and have to buy some this weekend before next weeks workouts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment