Friday, March 30, 2012

Just Do It

So I've been slacking on this writing thing, but I've been more busy with other things in life. My job is finally picking up and I'm doing better at keeping up on everything I have to do for that.

Today was the PT test for the end of March. Here were my goals for the month:
-Take a minute off my mile
-get better at breathing
-do better overall on eating

I've had a tough month eating/drinking wise and I will have to do better next month!! I had the wedding and St. Patricks day, and if you really know me, you know I like to fake my heritage whenever there is drinking involved....I mean I start speaking spanish when it gets to close to May 5 (horrible I know). I have learned my lesson that all night drinkathons are not going to get me to my goals.

What does get you to your goals is motivation and a very positive attitude. Leo (one of the instructors) has been preaching this to me for 2 months!!! Well today it paid off!! My goal was to have a 15 minute mile since last month was 16:05.

Guess what???? As I crossed the finish line today I heard Josh say that my time was 14:19.....I almost cried, passed out, and puked of shock. I had no idea that I could even get to 15 minutes and now I do it and shave off 1:46 off my previous time. Goes to show you that if you believe in yourself you will do better.

I lost my book from last month so I have no idea what my exact numbers were for the sit ups, push ups or dips were, but I know I did more push ups and dips. I actually didn't do as many sit ups, but that could be due to the fact that I was still breathing hard from the run.

I have to figure out my measurements too....probably just call the bridal shop again, since they had the initial ones and I have the amounts that I took off of my body. I'll post them as soon as I have them. I'm also making a chart that I am saving on my computer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment