Monday, March 5, 2012

Starting with a bang!!

I started with a bang quite literally this morning. I was walking through the house trying to be stealth and not wake up the house going to bootcamp and I stubbed my toe. Have you ever done that? It makes you want to instantly scream curse words and puke at the same time. I swear I broke my toe. The whole time I was driving I told myself to suck it up because it didn't matter how much it hurt I was doing bootcamp and the devil would have to take me out with something bigger than a poor little toe.

Today is the first day of my second month of bootcamp and my goals for the month are:
-lose more weight (i'm thinking 7 more pounds is reasonable)
-have a more positive "I can" attitude
-work on eating more/better meals (at least 5 per day)
-doing my homework when I have to miss (since I know I will be out of town at least 1 day)
-encourage others esp the newbies.
-take 1 more minute off my mile (at least)

Josh said today that we are outlawing the pity sounds. The grunts that you make when you want to die or want to stop an activity. We have to remember that bootcamp isn't something that is happening to us but something that we are doing to better ourselves. This morning was a day for grunts too!!! We did a moving workout where we started at the all childrens' playground, moved to the sidewalk, then to the picnic tables by the preschool, then sprints across the bridge!!! Those sprints were killer, but I noticed that I could push myself farther and better each time. I wanted to whine and bitch but I didn't and I just went through it. I was definitely out of my comfort zone because I have irrational fear that I won't be able to catch my breath again! What is with that? Did I almost die from not being able to breath one time? I don't remember anything like that. Great thing is that I get my breath back faster and faster each time I do the workouts so I need to just suck it up and go!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment