Monday, March 5, 2012

16 Minutes of Hell

16 minutes of Hell....well at least that was what my body was thinking during the mile on Friday. We did our second PT test on Friday to beat our times. During the mile I felt like my body was fighting against me and wanted everything to shut down and make me quit. My breath was gone, my legs hurt, and my body just acted like it didn't want to move. You know what? I didn't quit, and I told my body "bitch, we will do this mile and you will thank me when you don't have so much weight to lug around".

You know what else?? I beat my original mile time by 2 minutes, thats right I got it down to 16:05!!! I also did more push ups, sit ups and dips. Actually doubled my dips, did 10 more sit ups, and i don't know how many more push ups. Want to know my measurements??? I lost 4 inches in my chest, 2 inches in my waist, and 0.5 inches in my hips. I also lost 7 pounds. So hey, I only have 93 more to go (maybe more depending on how I feel at that point).

I was also named Bootcamper of the month because I showed up everyday and they say I had a good attitude. I guess I beat myself up about my attitude a lot. Others tell me that it is all mental (the running/working out) and I'm learning that is very true because if you are in a splendid mood you can do better than if you are in a depressed mood.

I know that I have a long way to go but I am going to change my attitude and make better food choices this month. I'm gonna work towards eating 5-6 times per day and drink more water (less soda). Well wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment