Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Foodie

One big thing in bootcamp is to change your eating habits. I struggle with this because of my food addiction. I ate horribly before this experience. I would do my best for a while but get sick of starving to death all the time and would fall back into the comfort food routine. I have a problem giving up those comfort foods now. I love pasta like crazy and the bad thing is that I can't eat spaghetti that much because my tomato allergy. I love alfredo sauce but you might as well super glue fat to your body. I need to find another alternative that will curb my craving. If you are reading this please give me ideas.

Well Tuesday I had a breakdown at bootcamp because I was being critiqued for my eating habits. Laura says that she is surprised that it took this long for me to have a breakdown but that is beside the point. I got very angry and defensive about my eating habits when I knew they were right. I need to stop having those sweets and need to eat more veggies. I also need to remember to eat. For years I have lived off of 2 meals a day at the most and they were huge. I need to get into the habit of eating more frequently and less. I think that is the hardest part for me because I know what I should eat but I just want to eat like 3xs the amount I am supposed to at one meal. Like the other day I had stir fry and it probably equated to 3 servings of veggies and a protein and a carb. I should have eaten less of the stir fry or had 2 servings throughout the day. I don't really now how to change these habits but somethings got to give.

As Dori has said that it takes a lot of planning. I wonder if anyone could help me out with inexpensive good meal ideas since I'm on a pretty much negative money food budget. I have what my parents have in the house (which isn't bad) but it isn't all of the health food nut stuff. Yet again if you are reading this help!!! Anyways, I'm trying hard every day to make good choices like grilled vs fried, wheat vs white, and water vs juice or soda (not that I will ever be able to completely give up my diet coke). I just read the last sentence and I sound like a bootcamper (rolls eyes)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment