Thursday, February 16, 2012

Dancing in the rain!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass but about learning to dance in the rain". It was pouring rain when I left the house this morning but it was fun to splash and run in the rain. Some of the men acted like little boys trying to splash all of us!! I loved it. I'm learning that once you get up in the morning that you can do the workout. Getting out of the warm and toasty bed is the hardest part. I'm also almost done with week 2!! I never would think that I could get through this just a short week and a half ago.

So today we did the "dirty dozen" which consists of constant cardio. You do mountain climbers, high knees, mountain jacks, and jumping jacks then you also sprint/skip/job a length. It was very difficult but I jogged more today than yesterday. I also had sore shins so instead of walking I challenged/pushed myself and jogged when I could be skipping. Its pretty cool because a week ago I would never have wanted to opt for jogging over anything. I also was able to do all the sit ups which is a new thing. Plank is still giving me difficulty but I think part of that is it was slippery today. I'll get better at it!

The mission today is to stop complaining and change something positive about yourself. All I can say is i'm working on it. The positive talk is working. I'm saying "I'm trying" vs. "I can't".

Also, I need to think of people who will go with me for bring a friend day to bootcamp. I already asked my parents but they kind of laughed at me. I'm not surprised because we are crazy for getting up so early!

No comments:

Post a Comment