Sunday, February 12, 2012

On to Bigger and Better Things!


I'm starting this blog because I have started a new phase in my life. Feb 6, 2012 is where I'm starting and hopefully i'll look back on Monday as a huge turning point in my life.

First off, I started my new job on Monday, which means I finally got the guts to leave DFCS. I finally had enough of the constant stress and constant working. But now I feel like its only a matter of time before I go back. I also don't know what to do with myself.

Second, I started boot camp Monday morning at 5 AM. Yes I know its crazy, but I have to do something to change my health, not that I'm unhealthy, but I'm not in shape and need to do that for myself. I don't know how to do it on my own.

All I know is that I made it through 5 days of boot camp and feel good about myself.

Third, I quit smoking after the PT test on Monday, and have only had 3 puffs of a cigarette since Monday. Its not as hard as I thought it would be! I've tried this before but I think i've found the will power.

You guys know that I seem very confident all the time, well its hard to be me sometimes. I'm happy with my friends, my job, and my family. The love life I've always wanted is alluding me. I say I'm content being single, but one day I want to have that family that some of my friends are having now. The truth is that I don't want to settle for something okay if one day I could have fabulous. I watch some of my friends make huge mistakes and don't want to repeat those or make some of the same ones I've already made.

My goals are to:
-work out everyday
-no longer take a few puffs of cigarettes
-lose a LOT of weight
-stop looking down on myself or putting myself down (ie. Calling myself fat)

There are more but they will be posted later.

So far I don't think i've lost any weight and I think i'm so tired that i'm actually thinking more negatively about myself.

My family drives me insane becuase they think that everything I do is trivial. Maybe one day they will understand what I've been through and am doing everyday.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for taking control! Where are you working now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working for a private agency doing counseling with kids

    ReplyDelete