Friday, February 17, 2012

Watch it I'm feisty!

If you didn't know it already I am a feisty person. My really good friends/family are laughing right now because that is an understatement. I would never fight you unless provoked because you hurt one of the people close to me. A girl in high school used to say that I would forgive a person while the knife was still in my back from them stabbing me. Im not ashamed of that fact because when I have tried to hold grudges it has taken too much energy and time.

I'm crazy protective of those around me. The problem with that is sometimes I can get lost in the background. This journey is making me stand back and focus on myself which is very hard. I don't know how to ignore people. I mean right now I'm looking at the people in this coffee shop and wondering what their lives are like and whether I should speak to them. Thats why I'm in the social work/counseling field because I love learning more about people. I will probably never change this aspect about myself but I do have to put myself first for right now.

So these big ideas/challenges for the day are helping me in my personal life and my work life. For those of you that don't know I work with children to achieve their personal and behavior goals. I've been implementing some of the "I can" or "I will try" positive thinking in some of my sessions and the kids have looked at me like a light switch went on because no one every told them that they could do anything. Its a very awesome feeling to do that for someone. If you are an OBC person you have done that for me. I think that I've spoken with everyone that participates in the camp and everyone has been encouraging.

Speaking of the positive outlook, I have noticed my thinking is getting better and I know that if I can get one more step in or one more crunch I will feel accomplished. Bootcamp tried to beat me today but I fought back and am glad that I made it through!! Today every time we did the 10 sec sprints I would go farther and farther (with the exception with the last one). I actually set landmark goals (a tree or sign on the side of the road) to get to and each time I set them I would get there or awfully close. Its pretty awesome to know that I did 100 sit ups. I don't think I have ever done that many in one setting. Yay one day six pack (okay lets be realistic, i'm just happy that one day i'll have a flat tummy)!!!

Today I also stopped today and looked outside and found that it was a beautiful day. I need to stop and see more often because everytime I do I am amazed at what beauty there is in the world. Even just observing the love that my parents have is beautiful. Whoever gets up first in the morning gets the other coffee and they spend most of their day together and rarely argue. Whatever you say or a smile can make someones day or a nice word can change someone's outlook on something. Well its a beautiful day outside I think i'm gonna go to my next appointment with the top open!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment