Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Funny Bone Pain

Its really not all that funny to hurt your funny bone. My knee has been bothering me for about a week (at least). It seems to be something during this bootcamp process. I mean once I heal my ankle I hurt my knee. I am powering through it though. I bought a knee brace and have been icing like I'm supposed to. I HAVE NOT missed a workout this month!!!

The breathing is getting easier also. I've been cigarette free since Feb 6th and when I have gotten a puff from someone it has tasted nasty. I can tell in the workout that I am breathing better and not getting as winded as easily. I can also tell that I am doing better because I am getting closer and closer to the group when we are running. I'm still the slowest person but I'm not giving up.

We did the LONG RUN the other day and when Josh said we were doing it, I about fainted, cried, and threw up at the same time. Thank god Dori and Audrey were both standing beside me and made me stay otherwise I probably would have bolted!! The long run for those that don't know is 3 miles (may be longer but its about that). I didn't run the whole time but I did run more than I would have that first week. Audrey stayed with me the whole time and they did back to fronts so the whole group would stay together. The more experienced runners stated that they like to run a lot so I don't feel as bad that people have to come back for me. Its still embarrassing but no one makes fun of me or gets annoyed with me. I felt really accomplished after I finished the long run. I would never have been able to do 3 miles in that amount of time before this.

No comments:

Post a Comment